Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wildflower woes

March 2003 - poppies and bird's eye gilia

This spring, I was looking forward to using my newfound enthusiasm for photography with all the beautiful poppies, lupines and other wildflowers we get up here in the High Desert. In past years, I have gotten some great pictures, but I wanted to be more inventive and also use my macro attachment. In the past, even with my old digital cameras, I got some really good pictures, and wanted to see what I could do with my new one. These pictures are from 2003 and 2008 with two different cameras.
At the poppy reserve
I don't know the name, but I love how geometric it is.
One of my favorite shots!



I love lupines!



Unfortunately, this is apparently one of the worst years for wildflowers that I can remember. Everything is dry and brown and so sad! I have heard reports of some wildflowers out by Elizabeth Lake and over in Arvin, so I may head out there (two opposite directions) in pursuit of at least a few poppies or other wildflowers.












Sometimes things just don't turn out as planned. That is why yesterday I was in my backyard, getting shots of the "wildflowers" that grow there, i.e. dandelions. They are actually quite interesting looking up close and personal.




 So.... hopefully you will see some wildflower pictures from this year - if I can find any!








No comments:

Post a Comment